WHAT IS CHROME PLATING?
Chrome plating is the process of applying a thin layer of chromium on a substrate (metal or alloy) through an electroplating process. In simpler terms, electroplating is achieved by passing an electrical charge between two electrodes which are saturated in a electrolyte bath comprised of a chromic acid solution. during the flow of electricity between the two electrodes, chromium atoms are deposited in a layer of the electrode to be plated. The finished product is mirror like chrome finish that has practical applications in the automotive, industrial, aerospace, and transportation fields.
CHROME PLATING ON METAL (PoM)
- Fully automated overhead hoist system can support a larger volume of products.
- Our standard plating includes layers of copper, nickel, and chrome.
- We offer both trivalent and hexavalent chroming baths.
- Our nickel baths are 20 meters in length, allowing us to plate larger decorative and trim parts
CHROME PLATING ON PLASTIC (PoP)
- Our tanks are designed to handle a variety of products, from small and intricate trim pieces to large scale commercial truck grilles.
- Supports plating on small parts with recessed parts and and designs.
- Plating process can support a variety of finishes from micro porous to satin or polished chrome.
- Our facility features a state of the art filtration system to ensure industrial stability.
BENEFIT OF CHROME PLATING
Chrome plating is hard and durable, which ultimately leads to your parts lasting longer no matter how severe a possible contact may be. Where other plating materials would wear away, Chrome Plating is suitable for harsh environments while resisting corrosion. It can also be applied to multiple different kinds of metals like copper, brass, stainless steel, and more. Because the adherence is outstanding, there is low risk for any chance of any flaking or delamination during use.
CHROME PLATING CAPABILITES
We visually inspect every part that comes off the line to ensure the highest of standards. Our main program has enabled one customer to dominate their niche market and has enabled the same program to remain at the same vendor for over 8 years. We CASS test every day to ensure our parts will meet the warranty period of our customers. At Spec Finishing, we have our own polishing stations in-house which ultimately helps us to retain high yields at the chrome plating line.